Pokémon Trading Guide
To ensure smooth trading, we recommend that you read through this guide, especially if you have no previous experience in trading.
MODE OF RECEIVING YOUR ORDER/S
All items ordered from this shop are delivered most preferably through Link Trade. We will only consider trading through GTS (Global Trading System in 3DS games) if all of the following items are satisfied:
- Non-bulk, single-Pokémon order
- No Mega Stone as held item
- Non-event Pokémon
UPON / AFTER CHECK-OUT
Always indicate in your order your Friend Code (for 3DS/2DS) or your desired Link Code (for Switch), IGN and your receiving game version. For faster communication, you can message us those details in Facebook by clicking here.
HOW TO TRADE (Switch versions)
Generation 7 (Pokémon Let's Go, Pikachu! & Pokémon Let's Go, Eevee!)
(For 3DS/2DS versions)
WHERE TO CHECK YOUR FRIEND CODE
- On your 3DS Home Screen, click on the orange smiley icon (Friend List) at the bottom screen.
- You will see your Friend Code below your Mii avatar and Nintendo-registered name.
OUR FRIEND CODES
The genner in this shop currently utilizes a 3DS with the following Friend Code:
HOW TO ADD OUR FRIEND CODE
- Make sure you are connected to Internet and that you are within range of your Wi-Fi network. You can set up your connection in the 3DS Settings if your handheld system has not yet registered any connection.
- Click on Register Friend.
- Choose Internet.
- Then enter Pokefella's Friend Code.
HOW TO TRADE (3DS/2DS versions)
Generation 7 (Pokémon Sun & Moon / Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon)
Generation 6 (Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire / X & Y)
SOME TIPS ON TRADING
- Just trade in any Pokémon that are of no use to you ("trashmons," "breedjects"). We don't mind.
- Please avoid sending Pokémon that evolves when traded (e.g. Kadabra, Machoke, Graveler, Haunter, Boldore, Gurdurr, Phantump, Pumpkaboo) as it will delay the trading process.
- To avoid confusion on our part, we would appreciate it if you avoid trading in a Pokémon of the same species as the one we're trading you.
- Make sure you can be contacted while trading is on-going. A good way to be of communication is to chat with us in Facebook Messenger.
- Upon receipt of your Pokémon, immediately check them for errors so that we can immediately act upon them.